Devart is glad to announce the release of dotConnect for DB2 2.3, Devart ADO.NET data provider for DB2 with support for Entity Framework ORM. The new version offers you support for Entity Framework Core 2.1.1
You can use such new Entity Framework Core features as lazy loading, query types, parameterized constructors, System.Transactions support, value conversions, etc.
Entity Developer allows you to design models for Entity Framework Core 2.1.1 and supports all the new features. You may define classes as query types, add parameters for class properties to a parameterized constructor, configure lazy loading for entire model or for separate navigation properties visually.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for DB2 2.3.540 features:
- Entity Framework Core 2.1 is supported
- Query type support is added: classes now have the Query Type property, and if it is set to true, this class is generated as a query type
- Lazy loading for Entity Framework Core 2.1 is supported:
- Model now has the Use Lazy-Loading Proxies property, which enables lazy loading on the model level
- Navigation properties now have the Lazy property, which enables lazy loading for a specific navigation property
- Properties now have the Constructor Parameter property, for configuring a parameterized constructor of the class
- The "Include Environment Variables" property, determining whether context configuration will be extended with environment variables when a connection string from the appsettings.json file is used, is added to the EF Core template
- The "Json File Base Path" property, specifying the base path for file-based providers when a connection string from the appsettings.json file is used, is added to the EF Core template
- Entity Framework Core 2.1.1 is supported
- The bug with applying the updated provider behavior after changing connection string options in EF Core 2 is fixed
- The bug with generating incorrect SQL when using IndexOf expression in EF Core is fixed
Devart development team