dbExpress for Oracle Exadata

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
cesar

dbExpress for Oracle Exadata

Post by cesar » Tue 15 Mar 2022 14:30

Hi,

We have being working with your dlls for quite a while in order to connect our delphi apps to oracle dbs.

Recently we have bought an Exadata which is a hardware that runs with a clusteware oracle solution named RAC (Real Application Clusterware).

We are strugling in some issues while working with your dlls and trying to connect to the clusterware endpoints, we can connect using other third party softwares and using oracle native clients. But with your dlls it doesnt work

Do you have any other customers running this dlls connected to a clusterware environment? Do we need some special or different dlls to acomplish this task?

Let me know with you need any other info or want to schedule a call so I can show you my problem live.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: dbExpress for Oracle Exadata

Post by MaximG » Thu 17 Mar 2022 13:30

Thank you for letting us know about this unfortunate situation!
Kindly note that when working with the RAC, our driver does not use any special libraries or extensions.
Please describe what kind of errors you get when you try to connect to clusterware endpoints?
Please provide us with an example of the TNS alias you use in the oracle native client.
Is it possible to establish a connection using it in any standard Oracle tool (eg SQL*Plus)?
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.