dbExpress 8.0.1 and oracle 11 client

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
ZehWeh

dbExpress 8.0.1 and oracle 11 client

Post by ZehWeh » Thu 25 Nov 2021 11:00

Hello everyone!

We got a problem with the devart dbExpress driver for oracle.

We use Embarcadero C++ Builder and upgraded to 11.0 Alexandria. For that, we installed the newest version (8.0.1) of devart dbExpress driver. With that version comes the dbexpoda41.dll in version 8.0.1.0.

If we use this dll combined with the installed oracle client 11, the communication doesn't work right. If we insert or update data in our database tables there will be inserted a lot of "¿" instead of the right text in the fields.

To test it, we exchanged the dbexpoda41.dll (version 8.0.1.0) with the old dbexpoda41.dll (7.2.1.0) and everything works fine.

Is there a bug in version 8.0.1?

To be sure, we searched and installed all update to your development environment. So our C++ Builder is updated.

Thanks for help.

Best regards
Carsten

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: dbExpress 8.0.1 and oracle 11 client

Post by MaximG » Fri 26 Nov 2021 17:27

Thank you for the information. Please send us a sample project where the issue can be reproduced, including the DDL script
for creating database objects used in the project. For your convenience, please use the e-support form https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html

ZehWeh

Post by ZehWeh » Wed 01 Dec 2021 10:51

Sorry for the late response.

There is no special database or table needed. I can't give you the DDL script, but I can give you this:

I created a small sample project. You can download it via this link for the next 14 days: Download here

This sample project connects to a test database. In that database I created a test table:

Code: Select all

create table devart_error (
  textfield1   varchar2(8),
  textfield2   varchar2(30)
);
So, the only thing you have to do is, to set the properties of SQLConnection1 to your database and create the test table.

Best regards
Carsten

Devart
Site Admin

Post by Devart » Tue 14 Dec 2021 10:34

Hello,

We sucessfully tested the driver - we were able to insert the data from your example without any strange characters.
The issue might be caused by your environment's settings.

Could you provide the NLS parameters of your server and environment?
What results does the select * from v$parameter query return?