dbExpress driver for Oracle Cloud Direct Mode example/tutorial

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
PioLek

dbExpress driver for Oracle Cloud Direct Mode example/tutorial

Post by PioLek » Tue 27 Oct 2020 18:01

We are currently using Delphi 13.3 and dbexpress for Oracle 7.2.1.
We are looking to change our Oracle client server database to the the cloud.
We looking into to moving to an Oracle Cloud Autonomous Database via Direct Connect...ie Connection Name = DevArt Oracle Direct.
Is there a tutorial as to how to do this?

For example:...using TSQLConnection
DataBase=OracleTestDb
DriverName=DevartOracleDirect
HostName=OracleTestHostName

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: dbExpress driver for Oracle Cloud Direct Mode example/tutorial

Post by MaximG » Wed 28 Oct 2020 10:27

You can specify the database server in the HostName property of DevartOracleDirect DBX Driver, for example:

Code: Select all

SQLConnection.Params.Values['HostName'] := '<your OracleTestHostName>:1521:<your service name>';

PioLek

Post by PioLek » Wed 28 Oct 2020 15:16

I get the following generic error "ORA-03113:end-of-file on communication channel".

If I take the information from TNS names... I use
test_high = (description= (retry_count=20)(retry_delay=3)(address=(protocol=tcps)(port=1522)(host=xxxx.oraclecloud.com))(connect_data=(service_name=yyyy.oraclecloud.com))(security=(ssl_server_cert_dn="zzzz")))

SQLConnection.Params.Values['HostName'] := 'xxxx.oraclecloud.com:1522:yyyy.oraclecloud.com';
SQLConnection.Params.Values['User_Name'] := 'myUserName';
SQLConnection.Params.Values['Password'] := 'myPassword';

I set my SQLConnection to connected=true then I get "ORA-03113:end-of-file on communication channel". I have worked through some various scenarios and appear stuck at this point.
With the Oracle Cloud database am I missing something else ? like including the security/ssl certificate? or the Oracle Cloud Wallet/Client Credentials in the SQLConnection?

On a side note I also have the dbx SQLServer product and do a direct connect to an Azure SQLServer database and all works very easily.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 29 Oct 2020 14:15

Currently Devart dbExpress Driver forOracle doesn't support SSL connection in Direct Mode. You can leave your suggestions at our UserVoice page (https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/225 ... rt-general), and if there are many votes for your suggestion, we will implement it.