DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing, not installed properly, of the wr

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
Taruna Feri S

DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing, not installed properly, of the wr

Post by Taruna Feri S » Tue 09 Aug 2016 11:46

Hi all,
I got the stopper error below. I used Delphi Berlin 64bit compiler. And also used the dbxora.dll as dbxpress driver default from embarcadero. Connected to Oracle 12c DB server using TSQLConnection.

"DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing, not installed properly, of the wrong version, or the driver may be missing from the system path."

Someone can help me? Thanks.

Rgds,
Taruna

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing, not installed properly, of the wr

Post by MaximG » Thu 11 Aug 2016 11:28

According to your description, you are using dbExpress driver in your project, that is distributed with Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin. Therefore you should contact Embarcadero concerning this driver usage. To work with an Oracle 12c DB in Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin you should use our product Devart dbExpress Driver for Oracle. See detailed information about it at: https://www.devart.com/dbx/oracle/