Does OracleDirect support TSqlConnection metadata commands?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
rwerning

Does OracleDirect support TSqlConnection metadata commands?

Post by rwerning » Wed 08 May 2013 13:54

I've been trying to get our in-house tools working with Oracle direct mode but am stuck with getting the metadata commands to work. Both the Devart Oracle & SqlServer drivers work with the metadata commands, but we have a few installations where Oracle direct mode would be a better choice.

Oracle direct works fine for normal queries, updates, etc, but whenever I try a metadata command I get an error like:

Project DBDiff.exe raised exception class TDBXMetaDataError with message 'Could not parse the GetTables metadata command. Problem found near: :. Original query: GetTables ora11g:1521:TIPQA11g . auto_74 .% Table;.'.

Before I spend any more time on trying to work through the problem I was wondering if it's even supported. I haven't found anything in the help or forums regarding it.

ie. aConnection.GetTableNames(TableList, aSchema, False);

where
AConnection is a valid TSqlConnection
TableList is a TStringList
ASchema is a string = '';

Thanks,
Rich Werning
TIP Technologies, Inc.

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: Does OracleDirect support TSqlConnection metadata commands?

Post by AlexP » Fri 10 May 2013 09:47

Hello,

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem. We will inform you as soon as we have any results.

rwerning

Post by rwerning » Fri 10 May 2013 18:03

I have since found that it seems to work correctly if you add UseQuoteChar=True to the driver settings. As an FYI, this is the settings we use.

[DevartOracleDirect]
GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverORADirect
DriverUnit=DBXDevartOracle
DriverAssemblyLoader=Devart.DbxOda.DriverLoader.TCRDynalinkDriverLoader,Devart.DbxOda.DriverLoader,Version=1.0.0.5001,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701
LibraryName=dbexpoda40.dll
VendorLib=dbexpoda40.dll
BlobSize=-1
ErrorResourceFile=
LocaleCode=0000
Oracle TransIsolation=ReadCommited
ProductName=OracleDirect
RowsetSize=20
Multiple Transaction=False
Trim Char=False
Decimal Separator=.
UseUnicode=False
UseQuoteChar=True

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 13 May 2013 13:53

Hello,

Yes, it can be one of the problem solutions. In addition, to solve the problem, instead of the Database parameter, you can use the HostName parameter supported in the major Delphi versions.