Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue 01 Dec 2009 12:56
I have a few questions about the EnableBCD option.
To avoid BCD overflow errors on DOUBLE PRECISION fields, I have to use the following code :
Code: Select all
coEnableBCD = TSQLConnectionOption(102);
- Is this the only way to avoid the error ? My application is not specific to Oracle, but I have to write specific code to handle this ?
- Why are DOUBLE PRECISION fields not mapped to TFloatField by default ?
- What is the difference with EnableBCD=False on the connection string ? The latter always raises the BCD Error.
Thanks for your answers.
dbxoda : 18.104.22.168
- Devart Team
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue 02 Feb 2010 10:40
1. Yes, it's the only way.
2. Could you please specify if you mean double precision or binary_double Oracle type.
3. You have to use the TCRSQLConnection component instead of TSQLConnection.