VirtualQuery linked to VirtualTable

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Virtual Data Access Components for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
kneighbour

VirtualQuery linked to VirtualTable

Post by kneighbour » Tue 03 Sep 2019 22:52

I am finding the lack of documentation for these components a bit of a challenge. I have created a VirtualTable called vtHTRX (the name of the component) and created a whole bunch of fields. I Open it. I now want to use VirtualQuery against it. Something line "SELECT * FROM vtHTRX WHERE something"

I open the VirtualQuery and I get an error message saying the table does not exist. How does one do this? I need to do some fairly complex filters on the table and vtHTRX.Locate is simply not good enough.

If I do get VirtualQuery to connect with a VirtualTable, does VirtualQuery.INSERT, VirtualQuery.EDIT work as per normal?

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: VirtualQuery linked to VirtualTable

Post by MaximG » Fri 06 Sep 2019 10:40

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, the provided description is not enough to reproduce the issue in our environment. Please compose and send a small project, executionn of which causes the issue.
For your convenience, please use the e-support form https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html