UNSUPPORTED DATA TYPE MAPPING!

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Virtual Data Access Components for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Stefano Monterisi

UNSUPPORTED DATA TYPE MAPPING!

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Wed 11 Jul 2018 11:05

Hi,
I have installed latest 10.4.9 release of VirtualDAC.
Now every VirtualQuery (that works with previous release) give me "UNSUPPORTED DATA TYPE MAPPING "UNKNOWN(0)" TO "CURRENCY".
I need to upgrade because there are already a big bug in previuos releases (and I don't known if is already fixed): Virtual Query is closed if I close one of source dataset after quering!!! (other previous releases leave open virtualquery if I close all source dataset after query; this is the right way)

Please solve and update.

Thanks in advance.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: UNSUPPORTED DATA TYPE MAPPING!

Post by MaximG » Wed 11 Jul 2018 13:33

Thank you for the information. Please describe the specified situation in more detail. For this, compose and send us a small sample, which when executed causes the UNSUPPORTED DATA TYPE MAPPING error. You can send this sample using the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)

Stefano Monterisi

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Fri 13 Jul 2018 08:57

Hi,
situation is very easy:
A TUniquery load a list of detail records (Firebird).
A VirtualQuery make sum of them with Group by (2 string fields, 3 currency fields). All mapping in VirtualQuery are right.
This Virtual is open after open TUniquery. With previous releases no error, with latest instead "unsupported data type mapping".
(Problem n. 2) Then need to close Tuniquery after open the VirtualQuery, because Tuniquery have a lot of records and because I have to open other sequential queries for "tuning" the virtual like lookups, etc, and need to save memory closing them after use, So i need to leave open only Virtualquery (at the end of all operation). With latest release, instead, VirtualQuery is closed.

I cannot send a small example (I can't send you all complex application with a big database...).
Thanks in advance.

costasd

Post by costasd » Fri 13 Jul 2018 12:08

Yes, it is broken.
I installed the previous version and it works.
I think there should be a new release to fix the problem ASAP.

Thank you.

costasd

Post by costasd » Sat 14 Jul 2018 14:54

I don't know if yesterday's release of VirtualDAC 10.4.10 was supposed to fix this, but I can confirm that it didn't.
The Issue is still there.

Stefano Monterisi

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Mon 16 Jul 2018 08:34

Hi,
after install of latest 10.4.10 error is changed; now I have: Unsupported data type mapping "Float" to "Currency".
Please fix with a new release,
(And don't forget to leave Virtualquery open even if I close one of its data sources)
Thanks in advance

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 18 Jul 2018 13:53

Problem 1. Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and fixed the bug. The fix will be included in the next VirtualDAC build. Currently, we can send you a night build of VirtualDAC with the fix. For this, please specify your license number and the exact version of Delphi you are using via the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)
Problem 2. You can leave VirtualQuery open after closing one of the datasets, which is one of its sources. For this, use the LocalUpdate property : VirtualQuery.LocalUpdate := True Note that in this case, any changes made to VirtualQuery will not be reflected in DB, the source of which was closed at that time.

Stefano Monterisi

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Fri 20 Jul 2018 11:16

Hi thanks,
Problem 1. If next virtualDAC build will be release in next days, i wait... otherwise I need a night build.
Problem2. Ok. I will try, It seems that in older release it worked in different manner.
Thanks a lot.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 20 Jul 2018 13:04

We will be able to send you a link for downloading a night build of our product. For this, please specify your license number and the exact version of Delphi you are using via the e-support form ( https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html )

Stefano Monterisi

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Tue 24 Jul 2018 10:28

Hi,
after install latest night build I still have: Unsupported data type mapping "Float" to "Currency"...

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 24 Jul 2018 12:55

Please compose and send us a small full sample, the execution of which causes the issue. This is convenient to do using the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)

costasd

Post by costasd » Thu 26 Jul 2018 20:58

Ok, I just uploaded a small sample project to illustrate the issue. I hope it gets resolved soon as it can be a real show stopper for some people.

Thank you.

Stefano Monterisi

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Wed 29 Aug 2018 15:51

Hi,
but bug is fixed and an update released?
I don't known! I still waiting for a solution (I haver stopped 2 projects)....

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 30 Aug 2018 07:40

The links for downloading the night builds, which include the required changes were sent to your email

Stefano Monterisi

Post by Stefano Monterisi » Thu 30 Aug 2018 08:59

Night build 29 august....
This is my VirtualQuery :
'select sum(IVAIMPON) AS TOTIMPONIBILE,
sum(IVAIMPOS) AS TOTIMPOSTA,
sum(IVAIMPON+IVAIMPOS) AS TOTDOCUMENTO
from PNMovIVA;'

IVAIMPON,IVAIMPOS of PNMovIVA are Tfloat fields (Mariadb, MYSQL provider);
There are no records in PNMovIVA a design time.

If I don't assign data type mapping TOTIMPONIBILE, TOTIMPOSTA, TOTDOCUMENTO are Memo Fields....
If I assign them (data type mapping) to float or currency I have "Unsupported data type mapping: "VarChar" to "Float".