Tokyo 10.2.3 EAccessError

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Virtual Data Access Components for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Aggie85

Tokyo 10.2.3 EAccessError

Post by Aggie85 » Mon 21 May 2018 21:13

Howdy Maxim!

I have a large program using TVirtualQuery against TkbmMemTables very stable for the most part.

Since updating to Tokyo 10.2.+, I get several places in my program where setting an instance of TVirtualQuery's SQL property generates an EAccessError and the call stack shows it is in ProcessSQLChanged.

I cannot reproduce this in a small program.

I have Unidac Professional which I currently only use TVirtualQuery.

What is the best way to get source code for TVirtualQuery so I can help y'all detect these kinds of problems with a better callstack / line of code where it happens.

Thanks in advance,

Aggie85

Aggie85

Re: Tokyo 10.2.3 EAccessError

Post by Aggie85 » Tue 22 May 2018 18:50

Howdy Maxim!

Any comment... I am starting to find the setting of the SQL property causing the same ProcessSQLChanged EAccessError in more and more places in my program.

All the best,

Aggie85

Aggie85

Post by Aggie85 » Tue 22 May 2018 20:36

Maxim,

I just ordered an upgrade to the source version of TVirtualQuery so I can tell y'all where it is causing issues.

I have no idea if it the linker or a bug as it happens randomly and it is happening in more places now in my application as I add new modules.

After I get the source for TVirtualQuery, I will try and see if I can narrow it down.

Thanks,

Aggie85

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 23 May 2018 09:54

We will be waiting for any details of the described issue.

Aggie85

Post by Aggie85 » Wed 23 May 2018 14:44

Howdy Maxim!

I have the Unidac source build installed and I am now building my application.

Since I have a few things to go through and it is the beginning of my day and the end of yours, hopefully I will be able to isolate the issue before you come back to work.

I really hope it is a Devart bug and NOT a C Builder linker issue - that way I know it will be fixed in my life time <lol>!

I really appreciate y'alls great product and support.

All the best,

Aggie85

Aggie85

Post by Aggie85 » Wed 23 May 2018 22:33

Howdy Maxim!

Well, after spending over 9+ hours trying various compiler / linker options, here is where it ALWAYS crashes if my program is statically linked:

procedure TCustomDADataSet.CheckIRecordSet;
var
ClassType: TClass;
begin
if (UsedConnection <> nil) then
ClassType := UsedConnection.GetIRecordSetClass
else
ClassType := nil;

RIGHT HERE >>>>>> if ((ClassType <> nil) and not IsClass(FIRecordSet, ClassType)) or (FIRecordSet = nil) then begin
FreeIRecordSet;
CreateIRecordSet;
end;
end;

If I link with packages, the same code ALWAYS works and I have no issues. I am hoping y'all can find a workaround that fixes the problem. Trying to distribute a couple hundred BPLs is a REAL PITA.

Please let me know if I can be of any help and I appreciate the help.

All the best,

Aggie85

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 24 May 2018 13:24

Thank you for providing the information. Unfortunately, the provided description is not enough to reproduce the issue. The code snippet provided by you is used in the products of many of our users and does not cause any issues. Therefore, in order to investigate the causes that lead to the error, please try to compose and send us a small sample, execution of which using the CheckIRecordSet method will result in an error. For this, use the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)

Aggie85

Post by Aggie85 » Thu 24 May 2018 15:05

Howdy Maxim!

I was afraid of that. In the past, I have seen similar issues with the C Builder ILINK32 on large applications.

I haven't seen it in years though until I updated to 10.2.x.

Quick question: since I only use TVirtualQuery in Unidac at the moment, is there any harm in commenting out the IF statement?

All the best,

Aggie85

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 25 May 2018 12:42

You have the version with source code of our product, so you can comment out the fragment of our code that you want and then, test your projects operability after this