Performance Issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Virtual Data Access Components for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Performance Issues

Post by MaximG » Thu 13 Jul 2017 07:08

We are glad that we managed to solve the problems related to the performance of our components. When using TVirtualTable as a data source for VirtualQuery, we can change the internal work mechanisms of this component to achieve maximum work speed. When the data source is any third-party component (such as TkbmMemTable), we can only work with it as with a standard TDataSet. In this case, in the performance issues, we are limited to the specificity of the SQLite engine we are using. That is why the difference in the work speed between our components and third-party tools is so significant. However, we do not stop the work related to VirtualDAC performance, including when using third-party access components. We will inform you about the results of this work in the very near future.

Aggie85

Post by Aggie85 » Thu 13 Jul 2017 17:03

Maxim,

Please give my most sincerest appreciations to the Devart development / support team!

I really do appreciate the timely and professionalism of y'all.

While TxQuery has been a invaluable asset in my development bag, it has been showing its age of lately and causing me several issues.

I hope to be done over the next couple of weeks of completely replacing it with TVirtualQuery so I can finally move my product to 64 bit!

Again, many thanks and I look forward to future releases. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in testing,

All the best,

Aggie85

MICHALA

Post by MICHALA » Thu 13 Jul 2017 20:28

Hi Maxim,

When UniDAC with accelerated version of VirtualQuery?

Michal

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 14 Jul 2017 09:06

The links to download UniDAC night build with the made fixes, improving performance when using third-party access components, were sent to your email