Problem Compiling/Installing 9.0

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Virtual Data Access Components for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Sugarloafer

Problem Compiling/Installing 9.0

Post by Sugarloafer » Mon 24 Jun 2013 03:12

Rad Studio XE2 (Delphi) Version 16.0.4504.48759

I just downloaded and installed 9.0. vtable160.bpl compiles. I am unable to compile dclvtable160.bpl. the identifier _string is undefined in CREditor.pas. I have checked the search path and it looks ok - ..\. I added ..\..\lib\$(platform) and that did not help. I have removed dclvtable160.bpl from the package list. No extraneous (old) copies of CRTypes.pas on my C drive. Closed and restarted Rad Studio - no help.

AndreyZ

Re: Problem Compiling/Installing 9.0

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 25 Jun 2013 07:40

Such error means that there are files from the old VirtualTable version on your computer. To solve the problem, please try the following:
- remove *vtable*.bpl from your computer;
- remove *.dcu files from your project;
- remove VirtualTable Source Code;
- check that there are no CREditor.* files on your computer;
- extract VirtualTable 9.0.1 Source Code and install VirtualTable.

Sugarloafer

Post by Sugarloafer » Wed 26 Jun 2013 16:22

OK, I uninstalled the old version, and installed the new. That seems to be OK. I have downloaded vtable90src.zip, but I am unable to extract the source folder. The password provided with my original order does not work. How do I get the new one?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 27 Jun 2013 06:12

I have redirected this question to our sales department. They will answer you soon.

Devart
Site Admin

Post by Devart » Thu 27 Jun 2013 12:22

Sugarloafer wrote:OK, I uninstalled the old version, and installed the new. That seems to be OK. I have downloaded vtable90src.zip, but I am unable to extract the source folder. The password provided with my original order does not work. How do I get the new one?
we emailed you the new password, please try.

Regards,
Janna
Devart Team

namal

Post by namal » Tue 14 Oct 2014 05:35

Hello,

We tried to load the file you have sent - and independently on an OS and IDE (we checked on Windows, Linux, Lazarus and Delphi), in any case, when invoking the MemTable.LoadFromStream method, we get an error that the field type is not supported in VirtualTable. Please specify the field type, with which the DADOS_REDUCAO field was generated, or send an application in which this table is generated.
Last edited by namal on Thu 06 Nov 2014 06:41, edited 1 time in total.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Tue 14 Oct 2014 08:02

VirtualTable supports the following field types:

Code: Select all

ftString, ftWideString, ftBoolean,
    ftSmallint, ftInteger, ftLargeint, ftWord, ftAutoInc,
    ftByte, ftShortInt, ftLongWord, ftExtended,
    ftFloat, ftCurrency, ftSingle,
    ftDate, ftTime, ftDateTime, ftTimeStamp,
    ftBlob, ftMemo, ftWideMemo