DisposeBuf failed (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Source\MemData.pas, line 4436)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Virtual Data Access Components for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
dougcl

DisposeBuf failed (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Source\MemData.pas, line 4436)

Post by dougcl » Tue 14 Jun 2005 17:39

Hello, it appears that this message sometimes occurs when ApplyUpdates is called. Normally everything is fine. Any clues?

Thanks,
Doug

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Tue 21 Jun 2005 09:56

We couldn't reproduce the problem.
Please send us (mydac*crlab*com) complete small sample to demonstrate it.

Post by Guest » Tue 21 Jun 2005 23:39

I am also experiencing this problem.
Error Mge. DisposeBuffaile (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Source\MemData.pas, line 4342)

This error occurs on a form that has 10 queries, 8 tables and a number of lookup fields.

I am using SDAC245d7

cheers

DisposeBuf Failed

Post by Guest » Tue 21 Jun 2005 23:41

Anonymous wrote:I am also experiencing this problem.
Error Mge. DisposeBuf failed(D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Source\MemData.pas, line 4342)

This error occurs on a form that has 10 queries, 8 tables and a number of lookup fields.

I am using SDAC245d7

cheers

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed 22 Jun 2005 06:41

Please send us complete small sample project to demonstrate the problem to SDAC support address (sdac*crlab*com). Please specify version of SDAC

dougcl

Post by dougcl » Wed 22 Jun 2005 19:04

Hi Paul, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the problem is inconsistent, and happens rarely. Maybe four times in a 24 hr period with a user base of about 10. I have never been able to reproduce the problem on my computer. I'm looking for any ideas that you might have that would relate to this error.

One theory (since it's intermittent) is that it is hardware related. Our machines might be underpowered under certain circumstances. Does this error correspond to a memory allocation?

I am thinking that perhaps it is something related to the use of cached updates. Do you suppose it's worthwhile to turn off cached updates and let the controls handle themselves? Is this error related to the use of cached updates?

etc.

Thanks,
Doug

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu 23 Jun 2005 07:43

Yes, this is a memory problem concerning working with records and can happen with cached updates.
You are using older version of SDAC. Possibly this problem is fixed in the last version.

dougcl

Post by dougcl » Thu 23 Jun 2005 23:45

Thanks Paul,
You are correct. I am running an old version. The install file is sdac245d7.exe. Is it possible to patch or upgrade?

Thanks,
Doug

dougcl

Post by dougcl » Wed 27 Jul 2005 17:16

Hi,
I have upgraded to the latest version, and I still have the problem. Is there any information that you can give me that can help me find the cause of this error? I have no idea where to look. I am using cached updates and I am calling ApplyUpdates to write to the database. Should I stop using cached updates? Is it unreliable?

Thanks,
Doug

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Wed 03 Aug 2005 08:59

What exact SDAC version (X.XX.XX.XX) have you upgraded for?

According to using CachedUpdates you use not VirtualTable but some another component/

If you cannot reproduce the problem try to set Options.FlatBuffer := True. It is not the best way but may help.

dougcl

Post by dougcl » Wed 03 Aug 2005 20:43

Thanks Ikar,
The version is your latest one for SDAC 2:
SDAC 2 version 2.45.2.29 from 29.04.04

I don't understand this sentence:

"According to using CachedUpdates you use not VirtualTable but some another component"

Perhaps you can tell me why the DisposeBuf error happens, or something about it that will help me find the problem.

Thanks,
Doug

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Thu 04 Aug 2005 08:12

> I don't understand this sentence:
> "According to using CachedUpdates you use not VirtualTable but some another
> component"

This forum is related to VirtualTable discussion. You might ask your question at SDAC forum.

> Perhaps you can tell me why the DisposeBuf error happens, or something about
> it that will help me find the problem.

It may concern using TCustomDADataSet.Options.FlatBuffers = True, or TCustomDADataSet.CachedUpdates.

Akella

Re: DisposeBuf failed (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Source\MemData.pas, line 4436)

Post by Akella » Sun 03 Jan 2021 11:44

uniDac 8.3.2, Delphi 10.4.1

SmallTab in DisposeBuf failed (D:\ProjectsClone1\Delphi\Dac\Common\Source\MemData.pas, line 8992).

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: DisposeBuf failed (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Source\MemData.pas, line 4436)

Post by MaximG » Mon 04 Jan 2021 05:54

Please create and send us a sample project with source code where the issue can be reproduced. Also we need the DDL script that creates the tables that you use in the sample project. For your convenience, please use the e-support form https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html