CRDBGRID issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
elewis

CRDBGRID issue

Post by elewis » Thu 10 Feb 2005 12:40

I have on issue when using the CRDBGrid and I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I have the latest version of MyDAC 3.5 loaded on Delphi 7.

I had set the CRDBGRID for the users to select Multiple Rows by setting the dgMultiSelect to 'True'. It selects multiple row fine using the CNTRL key; however, when use the SHIFT key it do not work. :?

In the help file, it states, "Multiple sorting on selected columns (hold SHIFT down while clicking column headers to set multiple sorted columns; hold CTRL down and click columns area to remove sorting)."

Thanks for you help in advance..

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu 10 Feb 2005 16:49

Please read carefully your own post, you accidentally mix up MultiRows selection
I had set the CRDBGRID for the users to select Multiple Rows by setting the dgMultiSelect to 'True'.
and MultiColumn sorting.
"Multiple sorting on selected columns (hold SHIFT down while clicking column headers to set multiple sorted columns; hold CTRL down and click columns area to remove sorting)."

If you want to sort data you need to click on the title bar of desired column and if you want to order data by several columns you should click on the title bars of the desired columns holding SHIFT key, if you want to select several rows you need to click on desired rows holding Ctrl key.
(Pls. see Delphi help for more info about Multi-row selection.)

Peet

It would be nice ...

Post by Peet » Fri 04 Mar 2005 10:39

Still, it would be nice is you COULD select a range of rows by clicking on the first row and shift-clicking on te last row. Like, for instance, in MS-Excel.

I would certainly appreciate the multi-select to behave like this in addition to the ctrl-click multi-select already supported.

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri 04 Mar 2005 16:04

Thank You for your advice, we will consider this feature but not in the nearest time.