"lost connection to MySQL server during query" when closing a table

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
TobiasHo

"lost connection to MySQL server during query" when closing a table

Post by TobiasHo » Sat 23 Jul 2022 14:04

I open a table, when I use fetchall:=true - I can close it without any error.
When I set fetchall:=false I get a EMySQLException "Lost connection to mysql server during query".
I can´t send you a small program to reproduce that error but what can go wrong to get this error?

pavelpd
Devart Team

Re: "lost connection to MySQL server during query" when closing a table

Post by pavelpd » Tue 26 Jul 2022 14:55

Hi, Tobias
Thanks for contacting us!

Kindly note, that we were unable to reproduce the "Lost connection to mysql server during query" error you mentioned based on the data you provided.

So could please compose and send us an sample application reproducing the error you have specified with all necessary DDL and DML scripts to create and populate database objects.
You can send all the needed samples via the e-support form: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html

Also, please send us the exact list of steps (actions) which leading to the error you indicated.
You can create and send us the screenshot demonstrating the issue.

Additionally, could you please clarify some additional information:
- What version of MyDAC do you have;
- What version of RadStudio;
- What version of the database;

TobiasHo

Post by TobiasHo » Thu 11 Aug 2022 10:04

"I can´t send you a small program to reproduce that error but what can go wrong to get this error?"

pavelpd
Devart Team

Post by pavelpd » Tue 23 Aug 2022 09:18

Hey Tobias,
Thanks for getting back to us!

Please be informed, that such MyDAC behaviour may be casued to the specifics of working with with not fetched data.
You may only see the error "Lost connection to MySql server during query" if you run your application from the IDE.
Kindly note, that you should not see this error when you run the executable file of your application.

ruthrollins

Post by ruthrollins » Thu 29 Sep 2022 03:19

Please be aware that such MyDAC behavior may be due to the complexities of dealing with unfetched data.
dino game