Problems with Batch Updates in 10.4.3

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
TobiasHo

Re: Problems with Batch Updates in 10.4.3

Post by TobiasHo » Sat 13 Nov 2021 11:35

I declare the parameters like this:
Verbindung.Params.CreateParam(ftInteger, 'Lagernummer', ptOutput);
Why is the ptoutput type ignored?
Only the type of the last parameter ist set correctly...

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 16 Nov 2021 15:30

TobiasHo wrote: Fri 12 Nov 2021 20:53 That is correct - but do you remember that I already found two bugs?
Absolutely right and please note that as soon as we were able to reproduce them on our side, we immediately fixed them ))

ViktorV
Devart Team

TobiasHo wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 11:17 Now I use the dbMonitor and got this result which leads to the described error when I execute the batch insert.
when the error occurs the out value is missing

this is how it looks like, when the update is successful
Most likely you are not receiving data returned from the server due to an error, therefore Out Value is empty. To give a more accurate answer, we need to reproduce everything on our side.

ViktorV
Devart Team

TobiasHo wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 11:35 I declare the parameters like this:
Verbindung.Params.CreateParam(ftInteger, 'Lagernummer', ptOutput);
Why is the ptoutput type ignored?
Only the type of the last parameter ist set correctly...
As it is demonstrated in the previous post on the screenshot, if the query was ran successful, the Lagernummer parameter has the ptOutput type and returns the correct values.
Accordingly, in case of an error, it is empty due to the fact that the value was not returned from the server due to an error and not due to an incorrect property setting.
If you mean something else, kindly describe in more detail. But as we already wrote, the most accurate and fastest way to solve problems is to send us an example, so we could reproduce and get the same result as you.