Errors, Errors and Errors

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
arsray

Errors, Errors and Errors

Post by arsray » Sun 09 Jan 2005 17:42

I'm having some really serious problems with this software. I'm running Delphi 7 on a Winxp pro SP2 machine. I'm also able to mimic this behavior on other computers.

1st - your loader example is constantly searching for libmysql.dll. I put this dll in the Delphi path, but still get errors.

2nd. I have a small application I can send you, but I did not wish to posted it since it has server specific information. This is a very simple project, the main error that I get to is

Lost connection to MySQL server during query errors.
Access vioation errors.

My project is doing absolutely nothing. It does not request anything, I can not even open and close the form without numerous errors.

One last thing, this software definitely does not like developer grid's components. If I used infopower components, I can get forms to open and close with no access violation errors. Introduce a developer grid to the mix, then remove it, and this software just refuses to run properly.

Please advised? Just purchased the software.

Thanks
Ray Fernandez

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue 11 Jan 2005 16:00

Please put libmySQL.dll to the Windows System directory. Please check if Delphi path is contained in environment PATH variable. Please try the last version of MyDAC.
Specify what versions of MyDAC, MySQL you use. We do not know existing problems in MyDAC that cause Access violation. Send us please small demo project to demonstrate the problem and include script to create server objects to MyDAC support address. Try to open and close the form without MyDAC components.