mydac works on Windows but not on Android

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
heh

mydac works on Windows but not on Android

Post by heh » Wed 24 Feb 2021 12:45

Hello,

I ve just installed mydac 10.3.2 for Rad Studio 10.4 Delplhi on Windows 10 64.

When i boot on Windows it's ok .

But when i boot on Android 32, i have the message : " You are trying the trial Version .."

But It's not a Trial Version.

Thank you.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: mydac works on Windows but not on Android

Post by ViktorV » Fri 26 Feb 2021 13:41

The error message suggests that the files of the trial version of MyDAC are used.

To solve the problem perform the following steps:
- Uninstall MyDAC;
- Find all DAC units, like MemUtils.dcu, CRParser.dcu, CLRClasses.dcu, MemData.dcu, MemDS.dcu, DBAccess.dcu, MyClasses.dcu files on your PC and delete them;
- Find all *dac*.bpl, *dac*.dcp, *dac*.bpi, *dac*.lib, *crcontrols*.bpl, *crcontrols*.dcp, *crcontrols*.bpi, *crcontrols*.lib files on your PC and delete them.
- Run MyDAC install with option "force" (mydac*.exe /force) as administrator.

Note, Mobile Development is available only in Professional and Trial Editions, you can find information about this here: https://www.devart.com/mydac/editions.html

FrankHall

Post by FrankHall » Thu 09 Sep 2021 12:46

MyConnection1 set everything up.
MyTable1 specified the name of the table and activated it.
In the link editor, I configured the display of fields from the database in ListView1.
turned on 4G on the phone. launched ..... black screen. closed the program. turned off 4G, turned on WIFI and launched the program. everything works.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 10 Sep 2021 12:55

Hi Frank!

Thank you for your message!
Most likely this behavior is related to the fact that when you turn on 4G, you cannot access the server.
In this case, if you did not change the value of the TMyConnection.ConnectionTimeout property, then after 15 seconds you should receive an error message.
You can set the timeout for connecting to the server by setting the required value to the TMyConnection.ConnectionTimeout property. TMyConnection.ConnectionTimeout sets the timeout for connecting to the server in seconds. After this interval has elapsed, the attempt to establish a connection is considered unsuccessful. TMyConnection.ConnectionTimeout is used only when trying to connect to the server and is not used when the connection is established.
You can set this value to 5, for example, and check our statement, then after 5 seconds you will see an error message and you can use the program further.
Please try to ping the host from the device (ping hostname), use the IP address instead of the DNS name - and please let us know the result!
Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
Viktor