TCRBatchMove error "Invalid batch move parameters"

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
gwideman

TCRBatchMove error "Invalid batch move parameters"

Post by gwideman » Fri 31 Jan 2020 23:11

I am trying to use TCRBatchMove to copy records from MySQL to PostgreSQL. If I set source and destination to a TMyTable and TPgTable respectively, then the copy works fine.

However, if I replace the TMyTable with a TMyQuery, and set SQL.Text = "select * from <tablename>", then TCRBatchMove.Execute exceptions with message "Invalid batch move parameters", and no records copied.

(Separately I tested that the TMyQuery can indeed go Active and return records.)

1. Is TCRBatchMove supposed to be able to work with a TXxQuery as source (as opposed to a TXxTable)?

2. How do I determine what "parameter" TCRBatchMove is finding a problem with?

3. Better yet, could we get a version of TCRBatchMove that reports what parameter is a problem?

Thanks.

I am using Delphi Rio 10.3.3, Win64 target, and TCRBatchMove from MyDAC version mydac101d26pro.exe

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: TCRBatchMove error "Invalid batch move parameters"

Post by ViktorV » Mon 03 Feb 2020 11:53

In order to get a detailed answer, please compose a small sample demonstrating the specified behavior and send it to us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html including scripts for creating and filling database objects.