Assertion failure

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
[email protected]

Assertion failure

Post by [email protected] » Sun 30 Jun 2019 21:20

Hi

When i use a tmyQuery and use the field editor i sometimes get the error:

Assertion failure (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\MySql\Source\MySqlApiDirect.pas, line 575)

I don't use D: so whats the reason for the error. I use the latest version of the myDac component.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Assertion failure

Post by ViktorV » Mon 01 Jul 2019 12:10

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the issue using the information provided by you.
To understand the cause of the issue and find a solution to fix it, we need a test sample in which the issue is stably reproduced. As soon as we get such an sample and if the cause of the issue is in the code of our product, we will try to fix it as soon as possible.
Please, compose and send us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html a small sample demonstrating the behavior, including scripts for creating and populating database objects. Also, specify steps to reproduce the issue.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Mon 01 Jul 2019 21:25

Hi

I will try to create a basis sample based on the project where i have this problem.

Maybe there's some code with this path hardcode. Because in then file :

\Uninstall\MyDacReg.exe
this path is hardcoded including a assertation failiure message, -not the same file, but i think
there would not be a reason to hardcode a path in code.

Regards Peter

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 02 Jul 2019 05:04

The assert failure message contains inside information for developers and is not related to your computer. As we already wrote, to understand the cause of the issue and find a solution to fix it, we need a test sample in which the issue is stably reproduced.