DisposeBuf failed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
fivecord

DisposeBuf failed

Post by fivecord » Thu 02 May 2019 13:15

From time to time, my client gets a "DisposeBuf failed"-error after editing some data.
I tried to create a sample application where I can trigger this error, but I did nog succeed in that...

In the image you'll see the error. Also note that the text that was edited by the user, changed to some weird text. In the field Oproepnr. on the top-left the user entered “RAMING_K691” but the text changed after saving the data.

Are you familiar with this kind of problem?

I'm using the latest version of the mysql-components on Delphi 7.
The MySQL-server version is 5.6.25.

Thanks

Wim

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: DisposeBuf failed

Post by ViktorV » Thu 02 May 2019 13:48

The assert string number can differ in the compiled and the source version of MyDAC. There is no assert in line 8931 of the source version of MyDAC 9.3.9.
To understand the issue cause, we need a test sample or a configured environment in which the issue is stably reproduced. As soon as we get this sample or can reproduce the error and, if the cause of the issue is in the code of our product, we will try fixing it as soon as possible.
Therefore, please, compose and send us a small sample demonstrating the behavior and send it to us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html, including scripts for creating and populating database objects.