Android FetchAll = False does not work?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
siberya

Android FetchAll = False does not work?

Post by siberya » Wed 31 Jan 2018 13:41

Hi,

My experiment on Android is using TListView and TbindSourceDB. I have a table with 6000 records. TMyQuery Object property sets FetchAll = False and FetchRows = 25. When I open the table, it brings all 6000 records instead of 25 records. Could this feature not be compatible with TListView?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Android FetchAll = False does not work?

Post by ViktorV » Wed 31 Jan 2018 13:53

The behavior when using the FetchAll property is related to LiveBinding work peculiarity with different components (for example TListView), but not to MyDAC functionality. You can check it, if you don't use LiveBinding. Note, also in your sample we saw the third-party product use, you can test LiveBinding behavior with the third-party product grid component instead of TListView. To solve the issue of LiveBinding work, you can contact Embarcadero technical support.

siberya

Post by siberya » Wed 31 Jan 2018 14:54

Thanks for the answer.

What can I use as a 3rd party grid combination?
What is your suggestion, could you help me?
Could you give an example of how to list data in TListView in TMyQuery dataset without using LiveBinding?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 02 Feb 2018 12:42

As we have already written the FetchAll property of our components works correctly, you can check this by opening our DataSet without using LiveBinding.
If any of the components that you use, fetch all the data at once, please contact the developers of these components to solve the issue.
In addition, the policy of our company prohibits giving recommendations regarding third-party components, it is better to ask the appropriate question at the specialized forums
Therefore, to receive an answer to your question, you can contact Embarcadero technical support or ask an appropriate question at the specialized forums.