SSL Connection issue to MySQL ...

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
noely

SSL Connection issue to MySQL ...

Post by noely » Wed 28 May 2014 00:45

I am running into an issue with SSL connection with MySQL with Delphi 5.0. When I connect it says:

#28000Access denied for user
'myuser@xx-xx-xxx-x' (using password: YES)

I have set the CACert, Cert, Key after copying these files from the MySQL Server..
The user myuser was created on the MySQL Server with 'REQUIRE SSL'option.

What is missing or creating an error?

PavloP
Devart Team

Re: SSL Connection issue to MySQL ...

Post by PavloP » Wed 28 May 2014 09:49

Check whether the TMyConnection.Options.Protocol property is set to mpSSL.
If yes, check whether you can connect to this user using other products, for instance, dbForge Studio for MySQL.

noely

Post by noely » Wed 28 May 2014 15:59

Thanks, I was able to connect Delphi App with the mpSSL settings on Windows -- I had to copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to the PATH.

However, when i run the Delphi App on iOS device (iphone) I am getting the following error:

"OpenSSL client library couldnt be loaded. Please place libssl.dylib file to system folder (included to LD_LIBRARY_PATH) or to the folder with executable unit of main program. dlopen (libssl.dylib, 1): image not found."

How do we get this resolved?

PavloP
Devart Team

Post by PavloP » Thu 29 May 2014 11:05

The OpenSSL library is not installed on iOS devices by default. You should install it to your device by yourself.

navalrobin

Post by navalrobin » Mon 01 Oct 2018 17:21

This kind of SSL connection error is really very frequent to MYSQL platform in any iOS-based systems like iPhone, iPad or iPods. The users are not capable to reconnect or solve all these issues regarding MYSQL. They can get an actual solution instructed by Apple customer support number that will be fruitful to the users.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 02 Oct 2018 08:38

You can use MyDAC with SecureBridge components for deployment of applications to iOS and Android mobile devices, since they don't require using third-party libraries. You can find information about connection to MySQL server using SSL in our documentation: https://www.devart.com/mydac/docs/secureconnections.htm