Documentation on using Devart MailChimp Destination component

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
KevinSeerup

Documentation on using Devart MailChimp Destination component

Post by KevinSeerup » Thu 07 May 2020 07:02

I have no problems using this component for Insert operations, but how do I use it for Update?

I have a SQL Server view containing a list of Contacts that are currently subscribed to various Lists that I want to Unsubscribe.

I tried using a Data Flow component with by view as the OLE DB Source and connected to the Devart MailChimp Destination component with the Action set to Update. When I click on Column Mappings on the Advanced Editor I get "Error at {Destination}: The name of the crm object is not specified". {Destination} is my component name.

What does the error mean? I couldn't find any documentation on SSIS Components.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Documentation on using Devart MailChimp Destination component

Post by Shalex » Tue 19 May 2020 19:45

KevinSeerup wrote: Thu 07 May 2020 07:02When I click on Column Mappings on the Advanced Editor I get "Error at {Destination}: The name of the crm object is not specified". {Destination} is my component name.
Please open Advanced Editor for Devart MailChimp Destination, navigate to the Component Properties tab, and set the ObjectName property. This should fix the error.
KevinSeerup wrote: Thu 07 May 2020 07:02I couldn't find any documentation on SSIS Components.
Refer to https://www.devart.com/ssis/download.html > "HTML Help documentation" (download, right click > Properties > Unblock), navigate to Custom Properties Reference > Devart MailChimp Destination.

KevinSeerup

Post by KevinSeerup » Thu 28 May 2020 06:00

Thank you for your help.

The documentation on the Update Action is a bit sparse.

I want to update the ListMembers Status column to "Unsubscribed". So I have a column called NewStatus in my Input as well as the Id of the ListMembers table. In my mapping I have joined the Input and Output ID columns, and joined my input NewStatus with the Output Status.

Does that sound correct or am I missing something? I don't want to accidentally unsubscribe the wrong Members as there is no easy way to reverse this in MailChimp.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 09 Jun 2020 14:43

Column 'STATUS' is updatable via API v3. Please add "api version=v3;" to your connection string.

KevinSeerup

Post by KevinSeerup » Wed 10 Jun 2020 23:41

My connection string already has "API Version=v3".

Are you able to answer my question: "Does that sound correct or am I missing something?"

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 11 Jun 2020 13:21

That sounds correct.