Issues getting Sales Force Connector to work

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
KevinSeerup

Issues getting Sales Force Connector to work

Post by KevinSeerup » Thu 30 Apr 2020 00:28

I tried using the Devart Contact form but have had no response after 3 weeks so am now trying here with this query.

We are trying to extract data from Sales Force, preferably via SQL Server SSIS, for loading into a local SQL Server database.

I have downloaded the trial of the SSIS 2017 Data Flow Components.

I am having issues getting the SalesForce connector to work. When I try to connect I get an error "The remote server returned an unexpected response (405) GET not supported.

Is there any documentation on how to resolve this error?

Is a better option to use the ODBC Driver for Salesforce and if so, how do I get it and what is the licence fee?

Regards
Kevin Seerup

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Issues getting Sales Force Connector to work

Post by Shalex » Thu 30 Apr 2020 11:58

This is our response sent to you on April, 9:
1. Make sure that the API is enabled in your Salesforce account: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView ... e=1&mode=1 .

2. Is there a proxy server in your environment? If so, open Devart Salesforce Connection Manager Editor, press the Advanced button and set parameters in the Proxy Options section.

3. For test purposes, register a free account at https://skyvia.com, create a new Salesforce connection (with the same Salesforce account as used with SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce) in the Connections section. Does "Test Connection" work? If so, navigate to the Query section > New SQL, select the created connection. Are you getting the list of tables in the "All tables" list?

4. Specify your connection string (mark confidential information with asterisks).
Check your spam filter in the email box.

KevinSeerup

Re: Issues getting Sales Force Connector to work

Post by KevinSeerup » Fri 15 May 2020 01:02

Thanks for the reply -all fixed.