Problems With Deleting Data - PostgreSql Destination

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
cleitonj

Problems With Deleting Data - PostgreSql Destination

Post by cleitonj » Mon 06 Apr 2020 19:39

I'm having problems with the Delete function of the Devart PostgreSql Destination. The conection is working well with the Insert function, but when I've tried to delete any data of the PostgreSQL destination, the aplication haven't shown errors, but the rows indicated were still in the database. The primary key columns were correctly mapped and all the data types have matched. I'm using a trial version of the aplication.

I really need your help to solve this issue, please.

Thanks in advance.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Problems With Deleting Data - PostgreSql Destination

Post by Shalex » Wed 08 Apr 2020 14:58

We cannot reproduce the issue with the following scenario:

1. Run the DDL/DML script in your PostgreSQL Server

CREATE TABLE test_devart(
id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
name VARCHAR(50)
);
INSERT INTO test_devart VALUES (1, 'a'), (2, 'b'), (3, 'c'), (4, 'd');

2. Create data flow

Devart PostgreSql Source ("select * from test_devart") -> Devart PostgreSql Destination (TableName=test_devart, Operation=Delete, map the only column - id)

3. Run the data flow.

Does it remove all the records? If not, tell us the steps we should follow to reproduce the problem.

cleitonj

Re: Problems With Deleting Data - PostgreSql Destination

Post by cleitonj » Tue 09 Jun 2020 14:20

The problem I had was solved defining a Primary Key in the PostgreSQL datadase. Without this it was impossible to perform a delete operation.

Thanks for the help, Shalex!