Extracting MailChimp ListMemberTags takes a long time with no results

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
KevinSeerup

Extracting MailChimp ListMemberTags takes a long time with no results

Post by KevinSeerup » Thu 27 Feb 2020 02:48

I have an SSIS Data Flow Task designed to read the MailChimp ListMemberTags table and write to a local SQL Server table. My Data Flow tasks doing the same with ListMembers and ListMergeFields run with no issue but this task stays with the wheel spinning (when I execute via Visual Studio) on the Source component and takes an hour or so and returns no records.

We have multiple Email Lists and each has Merge Fields defined which is where I am assuming the Members' Merge field data would be held.

What am I missing?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Extracting MailChimp ListMemberTags takes a long time with no results

Post by Shalex » Fri 06 Mar 2020 20:26

KevinSeerup wrote: Thu 27 Feb 2020 02:48this task stays with the wheel spinning (when I execute via Visual Studio) on the Source component and takes an hour or so and returns no records
1. Did you manually stop the task execution? Or was it finished by Visual Studio?

2. Please open the Progress tab in the package designer after the task execution. Are there any errors or warnings? Specify them if any.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 03 Apr 2020 19:59

https://mailchimp.com/developer/referen ... mber-tags/

Lists -> ListMembers -> ListMemberTags

Tags are read with a triple level of nesting, i.e. to read tags we read all Lists, then for each of them, we read its ListMembers and then for each ListMember we read its ListMemberTags. Therefore, a big number of Lists and ListMembers results in many API calls.

You can increase performance by specifying ListId and EmailHash (or only ListId) in the WHERE clause.

KevinSeerup

Post by KevinSeerup » Thu 30 Apr 2020 00:32

Thanks - unfortunately my trial has now expired so I can't test this.

Is there any way of extending the trial?

KevinSeerup

Post by KevinSeerup » Thu 30 Apr 2020 02:11

Can anyone explain why I am NOT getting any data from ListMemberTags? I presumed that would be where the additional Merge fields would be held. If not in that table where are the Merge fields held?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 30 Apr 2020 20:47

Is there any way of extending the trial?
Please contact us via https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html.
Can anyone explain why I am NOT getting any data from ListMemberTags?
1. Is your query "SELECT * FROM ListMemberTags" or "SELECT * FROM ListMembers"? If you select data from ListMembers, add "MergeFieldsDetectionBehavior=JoinAll;" to your connection string.

2. How do you check retrieved data? Try a simple data flow:
Devart MailChimp Source ("SELECT * FROM ...") -> Flat File Destination

KevinSeerup

Post by KevinSeerup » Thu 07 May 2020 04:13

Thank you - changing the MergeFieldsDetectionBehaviour setting made a big difference. It took me a while to get all of the Merge field names to be consistent across my Lists but I am now extracting the data I was looking for.