ExactTarget error: Data Extension does not exist

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
claudio.silva

ExactTarget error: Data Extension does not exist

Post by claudio.silva » Tue 21 Jan 2020 15:05

I have a data extension, which appears in the list of objects and to which I can make queries in the query editor, but when I execute the ETL an error is generated, indicating that the object does not exist.

Information: 0x4004300A at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.
Error: 0x0 at Data Flow Task, Devart ExactTarget Source: Failed to get the schema from data source. Detailed error messages are: Object 'xxxxx' does not exist.
Error: 0xC0047062 at Data Flow Task, Devart ExactTarget Source [2]: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to get the schema from data source. Detailed error messages are: Object 'xxxxx' does not exist.
   in Devart.SSIS.SqlShim.BaseComponent.AcquireSchemaTable (String CommandText, Boolean useCache)
   in Devart.SSIS.SqlShim.SourceComponent.b ()
   in Devart.SSIS.SqlShim.SourceComponent.Validate ()
   in Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostValidate (IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)
Error: 0xC0047017 at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: Devart ExactTarget Source failed validation and returned error code 0x80131509.
Error: 0xC004700C at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: One or more component failed validation.
Error: 0xC0024107 at Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.
SSIS package ".dtsx" finished: Failure.

The same error occurs in 2 instances of exacttarget from different clients

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: ExactTarget error: Data Extension does not exist

Post by Shalex » Fri 24 Jan 2020 19:13

1. Confirm that Support Extension Objects is set to True in your Devart ExactTarget Connection Manager.

2. Is 'xxxxx' the real name of your object? If not, tell us its exact name (the issue could be caused by Unicode symbols, etc).

claudio.silva

Post by claudio.silva » Fri 24 Jan 2020 19:47

Shalex,

1 -> Yes
2-> the real name is Perfil_202001

Can it be the version I have installed ?, I currently have version 1.6.643

And I can't upgrade the SISS Data Flow to a more current version, because I also have separately installed "dotConnect for Salesforce v.3.3.696" and when I upgrade the SISS Data Flow, dotconnect stops working, due to that my license cannot use that version.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 29 Jan 2020 18:00

the real name is Perfil_202001
1. We have created the data extension named Perfil_202001 in our Salesforce Marketing Cloud account and successfully retrieved data with the newest build v1.11.1097:
Devart ExactTarget Source ("SELECT id, name FROM Perfil_202001") -> Flat File Destination
I can't upgrade the SISS Data Flow to a more current version, because I also have separately installed "dotConnect for Salesforce v.3.3.696" and when I upgrade the SISS Data Flow, dotconnect stops working, due to that my license cannot use that version.
2. Please install Devart SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce Marketing Cloud on a different (virtual) workstation to start the trial period and check if v1.11.1097 successfully works with your data extension.

robPreston

Post by robPreston » Mon 12 Apr 2021 17:42

What was the solution. ?
our production processes were working fine friday but not this morning.
maybe server upgrades were applied. ?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 13 Apr 2021 07:45

robPreston wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 17:42 What was the solution. ?
our production processes were working fine friday but not this morning.
maybe server upgrades were applied. ?
1. Confirm that Support Extension Objects is set to True in your Devart ExactTarget Connection Manager.

2. Is 'xxxxx' the real name of your object? If not, tell us its exact name (the issue could be caused by Unicode symbols, etc).

3. Make sure that the object exists now in your account. Log in to your account via web interface and check this.