SSIS configuration file(s) for datasource(s)

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
marchello

SSIS configuration file(s) for datasource(s)

Post by marchello » Mon 13 Jan 2020 18:22

Hi all,

I'm newbie in SSIS, though my package works fine. Still, there is additional requirement from customer to create configuration file(s) for datasource(s).

The idea is that target database can be changed. I expect that it will be still SQL Server, but nobody knows exactly. So, mainly I would like to have connection string (server name, server port, database name, username and password / or windows auth type) configured. Where should I start? And yes, I started with googling this, though this time it didn't really help me.

Upd: Found out that it can be done using Integration Services Catalog. I believe this is helpful indeed in general, though it is enterprise customer with a lot of peculiar policies and it doesn't work in this case just like that. This should be done using configuration files... We'll put them into version control then, qa team will do their job, performance officer and security officer will do their ones as well. Only then it will appear in their Integration Services Catalogs. And yes, I'm frustrated a bit also.

I can play with Integration Services Catalogs locally though. Still, this should be configuration file(s) anyway in the end.

Any help with configuration files for datasources is appreciated.
Please advise.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: SSIS configuration file(s) for datasource(s)

Post by Shalex » Thu 16 Jan 2020 19:14

In the Package Configurations Organizer dialog box, select Enable Package Configurations, add configuration with Configuration Type=XML configuration file. Refer to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/113 ... ion-wizard.