PostgreSQL Destination Components

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
dsheridan

PostgreSQL Destination Components

Post by dsheridan » Wed 16 Jan 2019 16:46

I have an SSIS package using the PostgreSQL destination component in a data flow task for inserts/updates/deletes. I noticed all of operations generate an "id" output that I'm not using and would like to remove.

When trying to remove the output via "Input and Output Properties", the following error is returned:
Pipeline component has returned HRESULT error code 0xC020800F from a method call
This same error is returned if I try to remove just the output column.

Is there any way to remove these outputs?

Note: I'm using Visual Studio 2017 with the project configured using SQL Server 2014

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: PostgreSQL Destination Components

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 22 Jan 2019 13:08

We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: PostgreSQL Destination Components

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 23 Apr 2019 15:42

This is the designed behaviour. We do not allow adding or removing output columns. And we do not provide the possibility to return any other column than primary key. If you do not connect destination output with any other component down the flow, then primary key column values are not returned, and they don't take space in the buffer.