Concurrency Violation

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
arbrod13

Concurrency Violation

Post by arbrod13 » Mon 07 Jan 2019 22:46

I am getting the following errors when trying to update records in a Data Extension in Marketing Cloud:
[Devart Marketing Cloud Updates] Error: An exception has occurred during update operation, the message returned from the provider is:
Load failed.Errors:
Error occurred for record with ID = 0033300001sNkvNAAS : Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.
[Devart Marketing Cloud Updates [2]] Error: System.Exception: An exception has occurred during update operation, the message returned from the provider is:
Load failed.Errors:
Error occurred for record with ID = 0033300001sNkvNAAS : Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records. ---> System.Exception: Load failed.Errors:
Error occurred for record with ID = 0033300001sNkvNAAS : Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.
at Devart.SSIS.SqlShim.DestinationComponent.ProcessResults(PipelineBuffer buffer, IDTSOutput100 output, IDTSOutput100 errorOutput, Boolean redirect)
at Devart.SSIS.SqlShim.DestinationComponent.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Devart.SSIS.SqlShim.DestinationComponent.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProcessInput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 inputID, IDTSBuffer100 pDTSBuffer, IntPtr bufferWirePacket)
I'm trying to update using the Contact Id as the Key. I don't understand why I am sometimes getting this error and only on certain records. The records do exist in the Data Extension in MC.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Concurrency Violation

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 11 Jan 2019 14:40

The reason of the error is a record with Id=0033300001sNkvNAAS in your source component, because you do not have a record with such Id in SFMC destination table. SFMC tries to update a record with a not existing Id and throws such an error.