PostreSql Source error

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
Steffen

PostreSql Source error

Post by Steffen » Thu 19 Apr 2018 16:06

Hi,

firstly I want to describe my errormessage and what I already did.

Code: Select all

4/19/2018 4:31:48 PM	
DFT SA PostgressCredit:Error: Devart PostgreSql Source failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0x80004002.

4/19/2018 4:31:48 PM	
DFT SA PostgressCredit:Error: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Devart.Data.PostgreSql.bp' to type 'Devart.Data.PostgreSql.cq'.
   at Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.b.a(DbConnection A_0)
   at Devart.SSIS.Common.SourceComponentBase.PreExecute()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPreExecute(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)

These are my error messages, when I execute the IS Package via Job scheduler.

When I execute the package from the visual studio, it runs successfully.
So I have deployed the project to our Integration Service Catalog and setup identical connections.

Then this message above occurs.

At the beginning I thought we have problems with the different Versions installed and referenced in GAC.
so I uninstalled the Versions on our development server and reinstalled it.
(to be honest there were also different versions installed)

However the error still exists and I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance
and best regards
Steffen

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: PostreSql Source error

Post by Shalex » Thu 19 Apr 2018 17:08

Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.110.dll is designed for SQL Server 2012.
Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.120.dll is designed for SQL Server 2014.
Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.130.dll is designed for SQL Server 2016.
Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.140.dll is designed for SQL Server 2017.

If you developed your package for SQL Server 2016, but then deployed it on SQL Server 2017, you should open the *.dtsx package with XML Editor and replace "Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.130" with "Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.140".

Steffen

Post by Steffen » Fri 20 Apr 2018 08:57

Hi,

the SQL Server Version on all our servers is 2016.
We develop on 2016 and deploy it to an SSIS Server for scheduling.

The Version of the installed Devart component was different. I already corrected that.

regards
Steffen

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 20 Apr 2018 12:37

Most likely the Devart.* assemblies from different versions are mixed up in your production.

Please reinstall your SSIS Data Flow Components for PostgreSQL in your deployment environment this way:

1. Uninstall SSIS Data Flow Components for PostgreSQL.

2. Use some file manager (like https://x-diesel.com/) to remove these files/folders if any:
=================================================
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Connections\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.110.dll"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.110.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Connections\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.120.dll"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.120.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Connections\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.130.dll"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\PipelineComponents\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.130.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Connections\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.140.dll"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\PipelineComponents\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.140.dll"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Connections\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.110.dll"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.110.dll"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Connections\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.120.dll"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.120.dll"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Connections\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.130.dll"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\PipelineComponents\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.130.dll"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Connections\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.140.dll"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\PipelineComponents\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.140.dll"

"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Devart.Data\" (folder)
"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Devart.Data.PostgreSql\" (folder)
"C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql\" (folder)

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.110\" (folder)
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.120\" (folder)
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.130\" (folder)
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Devart.SSIS.PostgreSql.140\" (folder)
=================================================

3. Install SSIS Data Flow Components for PostgreSQL v1.7.672.

Does this help?