Updating license info

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
sviking

Updating license info

Post by sviking » Wed 28 Mar 2018 17:21

Can someone help me on how to update license of SSIS Data Flow components without opening up the SSDT per standard instructions from DevArt team?

I need this urgently!

TIA.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Updating license info

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 29 Mar 2018 13:15

If SQL Server Data Tools is not installed on the deployment computer, or there may be no access to it, you can add the license key in the following way: when you install SSIS Data Flow Components, it adds the License folder. By default, this is the C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License folder. Copy the SSISSalesforce.lic file from the development computer to this folder on the deployment computer.

Thus you need at least one computer with SSDT to activate the license and then copy the license file to other computers.

sviking

Post by sviking » Fri 30 Mar 2018 08:35

How to go about if we have a license per environment /deployment computer? I don't think I can edit the license file from development box with the new license.

Please advise.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 30 Mar 2018 15:27

You can install and activate SSIS Data Flow Components on one deployment server per 1 license. Thus you can just copy the *.lic file from developer computer on one deployment computer.

If you have several licenses for several deployment servers and one development SSDT, you can perform the following actions:
1. When you purchase a license for SSIS Data Flow Components you receive a license key.
2. Run SQL Server Data Tools and Create an Integration Services project
3. Right-click in the Connection Managers pane and select New Connection from the shortcut menu. The Add SSIS Connection Manager dialog box is displayed.
4. In the Connection manager type list click the corresponding connection type, for example "DevartSalesforce", and click Add. The corresponding Connection Manager Editor dialog box is displayed.
5. Click License Info. The License Information dialog box is displayed.
6. Click Activate. The License Key dialog box is displayed.
7. Copy the license key from the registration email carefully and paste it to the License Key box. If necessary, enter the user name to the User name box.
8. Click OK and close the dialog boxes.
9. The corresponding *.key file is created in the C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License folder.
10. Copy this file to a deployment server.
11. Repeat steps from 2 to 10 with next license key and so on.