unable to obtain exclusive access to this record - error

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
twong

unable to obtain exclusive access to this record - error

Post by twong » Tue 06 Mar 2018 17:01

My SSIS package is doing an update on records within Salesforce. It's using a "Devart Salesforce Destination" control. I believe the common issue for this error (not specific to this control) is multiple threads trying to update things at the same time. However, there is no setting for controlling a thread count. Any thoughts?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: unable to obtain exclusive access to this record - error

Post by Shalex » Wed 07 Mar 2018 19:29

twong wrote:I believe the common issue for this error (not specific to this control) is multiple threads trying to update things at the same time.
The reasons of the error are described at https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/qu ... his-record.
twong wrote:However, there is no setting for controlling a thread count. Any thoughts?
Please right click Devart Salesforce Destination > Show Advanced Editor > Component Properties and try setting ParallelBatchProcessing=False.

twong

Post by twong » Wed 19 Sep 2018 14:07

I tried adding the property. Still no luck :(

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 26 Sep 2018 16:10

1. Is it possible that other package or other dataflow (or someone via web interface) works with the same Salesforce object in the same time?

2. Does the Salesforce object you update have any triggers?

3. Try disabling Bulk API by setting Bulk API=False in all Devart Salesforce Destination components that work with the Salesforce object you get "unable to obtain exclusive access to this record" with.