mySQL LIMIT Exception

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
adameverington

mySQL LIMIT Exception

Post by adameverington » Wed 17 Jan 2018 11:18

Hi guys,

I'm in need of batching a mySQL query. I'm wanting to do this by dynamically setting the mySQL Source Query as such:

Code: Select all

SELECT AccountNumber,SupplierInvoiceNumber
FROM tblInvoice 
GROUP BY AccountNumber,SupplierInvoiceNumber
ORDER BY AccountNumber,SupplierInvoiceNumber
LIMIT '<@User::recordsAffected>','<@User::batchSize>'
...but can't get it to work because of a String.Format error. Additionally even if I hardcoded the limit values in I still can't execute it and the error message is incorrect. It displays:
"near limit 0,100"
regardless of the batch and skip sizes I put in.

Anyone help?

adameverington

Re: mySQL LIMIT Exception

Post by adameverington » Wed 17 Jan 2018 11:27

So a little further on...

by adding a semi-colon to the end I can see it executing on the server but the "take/batch size" is ALWAYS 100 regardless of what I put in. Is this hard-coded in the component?!

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 19 Jan 2018 13:43

We have reproduced the issue. The reason of the issue is that preview shows first 100 records by default. For this, we add the "LIMIT 0,100" clause to the end of the query. When a query contains two LIMIT clauses, an error is generated. This issue is reproduced only when previewing data in a Source component. When running such package, the "LIMIT 0,100" clause is not added to the query, and it is processed correctly. You can see it by adding a Data Viewer to your package.

We will post here when the issue is fixed.

adameverington

Post by adameverington » Mon 22 Jan 2018 08:50

Fantastic. Could you also confirm the error when trying to add the LIMIT in dynamically?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 24 Jan 2018 13:53

Please describe in more details what you mean by "add the LIMIT in dynamically". If you mean using variables in a query, then yes, the reason of the issue is the same.

adameverington

Post by adameverington » Thu 01 Feb 2018 13:43

Exactly that

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 14 Feb 2018 15:06

adameverington wrote:Could you also confirm the error when trying to add the LIMIT in dynamically?
We have fixed the bug when a LIMIT clause is added to a Source component query. We will post here when the corresponding build of SSIS Data Flow Components is available for download.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 15 Feb 2018 15:44

New build of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components 1.6.643 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from https://www.devart.com/ssis/download.html or from Customer Portal (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to viewtopic.php?t=36605.