Devart SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp trial was expired

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
malchim

Devart SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp trial was expired

Post by malchim » Tue 22 Nov 2016 16:26

I uninstalled the product on the server. Reinstalled latest version today. In SSIS package I created all new connection managers with API keys and logged in via user id and password. Tested connections all worked fine.

Next I run the product on my local machine via stepping through the SSIS package no problem.
When I deploy to server(where the SSIS data flow components are installed) I am getting the Mailchimp trial was expired. At this point I have no idea what to do as I followed all the requirements. My license is valid.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Devart SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp trial was expired

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 23 Nov 2016 11:29

When you purchase the product you will receive the license key. You can enter this license key in the corresponding Devart Connection Manager Editor dialog box in SQL Server Data Tools or Visual Studio to register the product. However, SQL Server Data Tools may be not installed on the deployment computer, or there may be no access to it. In this case you can add the license key in the following way: when you install SSIS Data Flow Components, it adds the LicenseFolder entry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Devart\SSIS Data Flow Components registry key - for x86 operating system, or to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Devart\SSIS Data Flow Components registry key - for x64 operating system.

This key specifies the folder where the license information must reside. By default, this is the C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License folder. Copy the SSISMailChimp.lic file from the development computer to this folder on the production computer. SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp also must be installed on the production computer.

malchim

Post by malchim » Wed 23 Nov 2016 14:03

I have a license key not a file what am I supposed to do? It is essentially a long text message which is valid but it is not a file.

malchim

Post by malchim » Wed 23 Nov 2016 15:30

I took the license information created a file named SSISMailChimp.lic. I created a license directory where the HKEY was pointing placed it there and it still fails.

malchim

Post by malchim » Wed 23 Nov 2016 17:24

I found the license key and placed it on the server in the desired spot. I deployed the SSIS package to the server and it still failed.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 24 Nov 2016 14:32

1. Please send us SSISMailChimp.lic you copied to the production computer.

2. Specify the full path to SSISMailChimp.lic on your production server.

3. Is there HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Devart\SSIS Data Flow Components registry key on your production computer? Tell us the value of its LicenseFolder subkey.

4. What version (x.x.x) of SSIS Data Flow Components you installed on the production server?

5. Tell us the way your are running your SSIS package on the production computer: via Visual Studio, via SQL Server Agent, via command prompt (dtexec), via Execute Package Utility (dtexecui).

6. Does the operating system user who runs the package on the production server have an access to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Devart\SSIS Data Flow Components registry key (a) and the folder specified in its LicenseFolder subkey (b)?

malchim

Post by malchim » Fri 25 Nov 2016 14:22

Thank you for the reply I placed the license key in the wrong spot originally. After reviewing the key I figured it out. The process is running now.

malchim

Post by malchim » Mon 19 Jun 2017 15:31

Good morning, We just renewed the license for our version of Devart's Mailchimp SSIS integration. I copied the activation key (long string of characters) into our SSIS package and update our connection manager with this new activation key by clicking the license info then activate then copying the entire string into text box. I tested the connection it works fine.

Next I went to the server and searched for SSISMailchimp.lic. I found two versions
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License\SSISMailchimp.lic
C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License\SSISMailchimp.lic
I opened the file and the text really was not readable. I coped the activation key (long string of characters) over what was in the file saved and ran mailchimp. It promptly failed. I had this problem before. I must not be following the directions correctly. If I run mailchimp from my machine(not the server) it works fine. Is there something else I need to do? When I reopen either of the license files on the server it looks like plain text.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 21 Jun 2017 15:16

For activating SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp on the server, you need copy the SSISMailChimp.lic file from your computer, where you activated the license to the server computer.
malchim wrote:Good morning, We just renewed the license for our version of Devart's Mailchimp SSIS integration. I copied the activation key (long string of characters) into our SSIS package and update our connection manager with this new activation key by clicking the license info then activate then copying the entire string into text box. I tested the connection it works fine.
You have already activated SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp on the development computer. Now find the following file on this computer: C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License\SSISMailChimp.lic and copy it to the same folder on the server: C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License\ .

malchim

Post by malchim » Fri 28 Jul 2017 14:45

I verified the license file is on the server in the following spot C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License
ON my development box I can run the SSIS routine without any problem.
I tested all the connections within the SSIS package and it works fine
When I execute the package form the SQL Job manager it fails.
We had this problem before when we set the mailchimp integration. I
I believe you had me check some registry entries and I found a problem. Can you let me know what reg entries I should be checking. We reactived the license I replaced the file and I am now having issues. I would be happy to send the license file I have on the server to verify it is what is needed.

malchim

Post by malchim » Fri 28 Jul 2017 15:20

I check the registry key and it is pointing to C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License
on the server that is where the license is. If you would like me to send the license file I can, I need an address.
䃻ꄻ氏㝥挍뱂넥슘鲴ꬩ몔鮽됚兼ࣂㅤꅌ⬃๛쿦玦朝㕬瘗ᅲ爱軻ⳋ裣換⻲䠥缀烙呵禬剽濒⩩ퟆ鐷࿍쀾羊屈䴱↶⪡ꊐ黚柔혣
䃻ꄻ氏㝥挍뱂넥슘鲴ꬩ몔鮽됚兼ࣂㅤꅌ⬃๛쿦玦朝㕬瘗ᅲ爱軻ⳋ裣換⻲䠥缀烙呵禬剽濒⩩ퟆ鐷࿍쀾羊屈䴱↶⪡ꊐ黚柔혣

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 31 Jul 2017 12:52

Please perform the following actions:
1. Open the C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License folder on your development computer.
2. Open the C:\ProgramData\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License folder on the server.
3. Copy SSISMailChimp.lic from your development computer to the server. Replace the existing file.

Run your package on the server. Is this run successful? If not, post here the exception message and stack trace.

malchim

Post by malchim » Tue 15 Aug 2017 15:10

Campaigns:Error: M1 failed validation and returned error
code 0x80131509.
Campaigns:Error: System.InvalidOperationException:
Devart SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp is not
installed.
at Devart.SSIS.CommonConnectionManager.b()
at
Devart.SSIS.CommonConnectionManager.AcquireConnec
tion(Object txn)
at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.ManagedWrapper.Acquir
eConnection(Object txn)
at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnectio
nManager100.AcquireConnection(Object pTransaction)
at Devart.SSIS.BaseComponent.AcquireConnections
(Object transaction)
at
Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHos
t.HostAcquireConnections
(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Object
transaction)

malchim

Post by malchim » Tue 15 Aug 2017 15:22

Server version 1.5.287

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 16 Aug 2017 13:41

You also need to reinstall SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp on the server. Uninstall the current SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp on the server and install the same version of SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp, that is installed on your development computer, to the server.

Does this fix the issue?