Borland Builder C++ 6.0 & SDAC, MS SQL 2005

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
puhatek

Borland Builder C++ 6.0 & SDAC, MS SQL 2005

Post by puhatek » Thu 17 May 2007 16:56

Hello,

I'm writing a simple application which will insert some data into data base and will retrieve data to fill for example a combobox.

Because I'm a total beginner in Builder I have no idea how to:

1) Set a connection string to MS SQL data base
2) Execute some simple SQL Queries like select, insert, update

Please help!
Regards, Paul

PS. Unfortunately I must write it in Builder 6.0 :/

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Fri 18 May 2007 10:12

There is the "Getting Started" topic in the SDAC help. It contains all necessary information to quickly get started working with SDAC.
Moreover, the SDAC installation package includes a number of demo projects that demonstrate SDAC capabilities and use patterns. You can find SDAC help in the SDAC_InstDir\Help\ or in the "SQL Server" main menu item of the C++Builder IDE. Demo projects are placed in the SDAC_InstDir\Demos\ directory.
SDAC_InstDir is the SDAC installation directory on your computer.

puhatek

Post by puhatek » Sat 19 May 2007 14:50

Hello,

I've read SDAC Help as you said, but I couldn't find any project file in SDAC_InstDir\Demos\ directory. There are only *.dfm and *.pas files. Is it because I've trial version of SDAC? I'm especially interested by an example of how to fill a combobox (using DBcombobox control) and how to make an insert to data base from textBox.

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Mon 21 May 2007 09:29

You can find a general demo project about how to create SDAC-based applications with C++Builder in the SDAC_InstDir\Demos\Miscellaneous\CBuilder directory.
SDAC_InstDir is the SDAC installation directory on your computer.
All other demo projects are designed for Delphi.