The speed is killing me

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ccmcbride

The speed is killing me

Post by ccmcbride » Tue 01 May 2007 17:12

Using :
Delphi 7.0
sDac 4.00.0.6 Trial version

Scenario : converting exisiting source from DBISAM. Some tables have layout changes.

DataSet manager : extract datasets from all forms is UP.

I have a datamodule with the connection on it.
I have a second datamodule with several related tables on it. (I actually have more, but this is what I'm currently working with), and the connection for the tables points back to datamodule 1.

The behaviour problem I am having is occuring whether the connection.Connected = true or false.

If I make ANY changes to the datamodule2, even moving a table component, Delphi 'goes away'.

If I attempt to set the connection.Connected = false with datamodule2 open, Delphi 'goes away'.

If I set the connection.Connected = false, then try to get the fields for a table, Delphi 'goes away'.

Closing Datamodule2, when connected = true closes the .pas file, but not the form.

Simply opening the project takes several minutes.

I'm new to using SDac, so I don't even know where to look, but this is making me not want to use SDac.

I even copied the connection component from the demos project (I cannot recreate the issue in the demos project), and still no joy.

Any ideas where I should look to fix this?

ccmcbride

More info

Post by ccmcbride » Tue 01 May 2007 18:16

This is even affecting Data modules that don't contain the MSComponents.

Graf

Post by Graf » Fri 04 May 2007 11:50

We are working on the problem. Unfortunately now we cannot give you any information. As soon as we solve the problem we'll let you know.

ccmcbride

Post by ccmcbride » Wed 09 May 2007 19:30

I've had to uninstall it, in order to work with a project that isn't even using the component set. Hoping this will give you a place to look.
It seems that anytime I change anything about a table or query component, even if is is not from your component set, Delphi 'goes away' for several minutes. I uninstalled sDac, and it returned to normal speed.

Any idea when to expect a fix for this?
Using Dephi7, trial components for sDac

Graf

Post by Graf » Thu 10 May 2007 08:14

We are required some additional information for more detailed analysis of this situation.
Please send me an example (if it is possible, send me your project) at DmitryGr*crlab*com to demonstrate this problem.
As a temporary solution, please uninstall the DataSet Manager package (use the main menu of your IDE: Component | Install Packages).

ccmcbride

Post by ccmcbride » Thu 10 May 2007 18:04

I will try to put together a sample app, as my application has 100,000+ lines of code...
The issue shows using DBISAM components on a data module. I am not using sDac in this - it's my preconverted code.
Post converted shows the same speed issue, but I don't have DBISAM components.