Issues with sdac trial

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Seanrx

Issues with sdac trial

Post by Seanrx » Mon 18 Dec 2006 20:36

I converted one of my small apps to sdac as a test.

It uses a single ado connection and a single adoTable and grid.

When converted to sdac, it would only retrieve one record. If I scrolled down the grid, it would retrieve more records. Even after I had scrolled through all 200 records, the grid wouldn't show a scroll bar.

Eventually, I fixed it by removing the fieldname from IndexFieldNames and placing it into OrderFields instead. However it is concerning as my main application has 70 ttable components to change and I don't want to have change each one.

Also, your help files don't work on Vista as it doesn't support winhelp. You will need to provide chm files instead.

Sean

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Tue 19 Dec 2006 12:21

Change the TMSTable.CursorType property value to ctDefaultResultSet. Local sorting is not compatible with CursorType = ctStatic.

Seanrx

Post by Seanrx » Thu 21 Dec 2006 21:20

Thanks. that fixed it.

As a suggestion, why don't you change the CursorType in the IndexFieldNames handler?

Sean

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Fri 22 Dec 2006 14:41

We are going to add an exception raising on setting the IndexFieldNames property with an incompatible cursor type.