working with source code.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
AsliAkar

working with source code.

Post by AsliAkar » Thu 11 Nov 2004 12:30

hello,

i have used Trial version in my machine first, then bought a licence for both sourcecode and component - for delphi6.

- I have uninstalled the trial versiyon
- extracted the source
- compiled and installed the packages...

when i use my program on other machine, i get the trial restriction (exception) -that this is a trial versiyon and cannot be used without delphi ide.-

How can i come over this problem? Have i done something wrong??

PS : I have seen some compiler directives in SDAC.inc - that defines _TRIAL and _DEBUG. i have remarked them - but again - it did not work??

any hepl will be appreciated in this very urgent problem.. Thank you.

Post by Guest » Thu 11 Nov 2004 13:05

Make sure that you rebuild your actual distributable program also of course.

AsliAkar

Post by AsliAkar » Thu 11 Nov 2004 13:09

No doubt.

AsliAkar

Post by AsliAkar » Thu 11 Nov 2004 13:30

And - in adition, once SDAC is installed on a machine, (other than the developer's) the program starts running there, too - which is the expected behaviour...

But if we uninstall SDAC from that machine, after uninstallation, the program continues running without any problem... -which is to the contrary to the expected.-

I think the trial leaves something after uninstallation or what ??

Post by Guest » Thu 11 Nov 2004 13:39

Sounds like you might still have pre-purchase runtime/design time libraries out there somewhere.

AsliAkar

Post by AsliAkar » Thu 11 Nov 2004 15:02

Ok - in any case - i have removed al the source code and installed the component by book... Am not using source code any more..

But the result did not change.. i cannot make my program run on other machines.

AsliAkar

Post by AsliAkar » Thu 11 Nov 2004 15:29

All my appolizes... it was a mistake of mine :(

Ikar

Re: working with source code.

Post by Ikar » Thu 11 Nov 2004 15:35

Please specify what exact SDAC version you use.

Probably, you compiled your project with "Use packages" option and there are packages from SDAC trial version left on the test PC.