Support under Win 98

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Nick Shallish

Support under Win 98

Post by Nick Shallish » Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:32

Does anyone know if SDAC functions under Windows 98? I installed the MSDE and ran my SDAC application. The error message I receive says the dac60 and sdac60 bpls are required for the trial edition when I compile without runtime package support.

This is bizarre because
1. We don't use the 'trial' edition,
2. We placed both packages in the app bin and the system32 folders,
3. Why would the runtime packages be needed when compiling 'without' runtime package support anyway,
4. We compiled with and without runtime package support, and the error remains.

There is nothing on this in the Compatibility section of the ReadMe file. We thought perhaps it was an MDAC issue, but reinstalling MDAC SDK Lite had no effect. Now we expect it must be a Win 98 problem...

Anybody know for sure?[/i]

Ikar

Re: Support under Win 98

Post by Ikar » Thu 11 Nov 2004 09:38

This message can be raised only if to use trial version.
Most probably, on update from trial version to standard some files from
trial version are left. Please uninstall SDAC, then search for dac60, dac60,
OLEDBAccess, MSAccess files at your disk.

Post by Guest » Thu 11 Nov 2004 13:01

Actually I was using SDAC with Win95 but it was necessary to upgrade the Internet Explorer version first (which added the necessary pieces to the OS).

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Thu 11 Nov 2004 15:38

Anonymous wrote:Actually I was using SDAC with Win95 but it was necessary to upgrade the Internet Explorer version first (which added the necessary pieces to the OS).
It is not obligatory to update IE but you must upgrade MDAC (www.microsoft.com/data).
However, IE upgrade renews MDAC also.