problem during compile an app using sdac

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Csikos [RO]

problem during compile an app using sdac

Post by Csikos [RO] » Fri 28 Jul 2006 05:53

i cann`t compile an app using your component... thye following error message is occured

[Fatal Error] dm.pas(6): Unit MSAccess was compiled with a different version of MemDS.TLocateExOptions

i`m using delphi 7 enterprise edition and the sdac component for it... any suggestions??

Antaeus

Post by Antaeus » Fri 28 Jul 2006 08:12

Most possibly you have some files left from previous version of SDAC on your hard drive. Try to uninstall SDAC and remove all files concerned to it. Then install SDAC one more time.
To remove all vestiges of SDAC, please follow these instructions:
1) Close IDE
2) Uninstall SDAC
3) Search for MSAccess.*, MemDS.*, DBAccess.*, sdac*.bpl, dac*.bpl etc files at your HDD and delete them
4) Remove from the project directory all files made by compiler and linker
5) Remove from the registry (HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0\Known Packages) all the links to SDAC packages (sdac*.bpl, dac*.bpl)
6) Run Delphi and check that it is started without errors
7) Install SDAC once more

Illsley

Same problem

Post by Illsley » Wed 29 Nov 2006 07:44

Hey!

I just installed SDac and got the same problem. I am using MyDac since before and now I need SDac as well. I hope there arent any problem using both these packages in the same machine?

DBAccess.dcu exists in both the MyDac and SDac library... how do I get SDac to work?

Regards

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Wed 29 Nov 2006 07:53

Product compatibility is provided for current build only.
In other words, if you upgrade either of the installed products it may conflict with older builds of another ones.
In order to continue using products simultaneously you should upgrade all of them at the same time.

Illsley

Post by Illsley » Wed 29 Nov 2006 08:58

Ah, it works now when I updated MyDac. (I should have tried this before posting.. sorry)

Thanks for the help! :D

Regards

mdietike

ODAC 6.0 Trial and TLocateExOption MemDS

Post by mdietike » Wed 06 Jun 2007 09:22

Hello, I am evaluating the ODAC 6.05 version, and if I compile my project I get an error that the TLocateExOptions are not declared although I am using the MemDS unit.

mdietike

Re: ODAC 6.0 Trial and TLocateExOption MemDS

Post by mdietike » Wed 06 Jun 2007 09:25

mdietike wrote:Hello, I am evaluating the ODAC 6.05 version, and if I compile my project I get an error that the TLocateExOptions are not declared although I am using the MemDS unit.
Uups I posted it to the wrong topic