access violation with local master/detail

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Ludek

access violation with local master/detail

Post by Ludek » Tue 20 Sep 2022 19:45

Hi, I'm having trouble with local master/detail, when the master dataset is tvirtualtable and the detail is tmsquery - it just crashes with each scroll in master dataset.
It was working fine in older sdac versions (i.e. 7.3.16), but the 9.x, 10.x, even the newest 10.2.0 crashes.
I was able to get rid of the exception with this change:

Code: Select all

function TCRRecordSet.GetMappedDataBuf(FieldDesc: TFieldDesc; DataBuf: IntPtr; var DataLen: Word; var DataType: Word; var HasParent, IsFixed, NativeBuffer: boolean): IntPtr;
{$IFNDEF LITE}
var
  MappedBufSize: Integer;
  TmpBuf: IntPtr;
{$ENDIF}
begin
{$IFNDEF LITE}
  if {start add}(FieldDesc is TCRFieldDesc) and {end add}(TCRFieldDesc(FieldDesc).OnDemandConverter <> nil) then begin
but this is just a "solution".
please fix it, it disallows upgrading to newer delphi versions (there is no sdac 7.3.16 for delphi alexandria)

pavelpd
Devart Team

Re: access violation with local master/detail

Post by pavelpd » Wed 19 Oct 2022 13:56

Thanks for contacting us!

Please note, that we've fixed a similar issue regarding "access violation with local master/detail".

The fix will be included in the next build of our product.

You can test this fix with a nightly build.
To obtain a nightly build of SDAC, please specify your license number, IDE version and send us via this contact form: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html