Error when parameter type si not defined and param is null

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
brace

Error when parameter type si not defined and param is null

Post by brace » Tue 02 Aug 2022 14:04

In a TMSQuery with only one parameter of type integer, if the parameter type is not specified in the PAramers section, when I execute the query with null parameter I have:

Invalid input parameter values. Check the status values for detail.

THis occurs only on some machines, while in the others it works.

Which could be the reason?

The workaround is set the parameter type to integer.

I am using SDAC 10.1.1 on Delphi 10 Seattle, the problematic machine is Win Server 2012R2.

Thanks.

pavelpd
Devart Team

Re: Error when parameter type si not defined and param is null

Post by pavelpd » Wed 10 Aug 2022 12:25

Hi,
Thanks for contacting our blog!

Kindly note, that we were unable to reproduce the behavior you specified based on the data you provided.

So could please compose and send us an sample application reproducing the behavior you have specified with all necessary DDL and DML scripts to create and populate database objects.
You can send all the needed samples via the e-support form: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html

Also, please send us the exact list of steps (actions) which leading to the error you indicated.
You can create and send us the screenshot demonstrating the issue.

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Wed 21 Sep 2022 16:04

It is provider dependent. You are apparently using prAuto. Happens with oledb, works with native client. or vice versa, i'm not sure. I am just always filling the parameter data type.

brace

Post by brace » Wed 28 Sep 2022 08:06

Thanks for the replies, I confirm I use prAuto, so I will make sure to avoid undefined type and null param from now on.

Issue solved for me.