Can't fine SDAC in my palette

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
D-Master

Can't fine SDAC in my palette

Post by D-Master » Wed 14 Jun 2006 15:57

I installed sdac trial version....I can see the packages installed and my program containing sdac components work from the IDE but the problem I today I can't find sdac in my components palette....I can create components at runtime but I want to drag and drop them....

D-Master

Post by D-Master » Thu 15 Jun 2006 11:31

PLease help immediatly

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Thu 15 Jun 2006 14:58

Most possible SDAC packages are disabled. To enable them you should call Components|Install Packages from the Delphi menu. Then in the package list you should check all packages whose names begin with "Core Lab", "SQL Server Data Access". Push OK button.

D-Master

Post by D-Master » Thu 15 Jun 2006 15:20

All packages are checked...and I can use them....but I can't see the sdac tab in the components palette...strange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Fri 16 Jun 2006 09:36

Follow the next steps:
1. Shut down Delphi.
2. Delete or rename key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0 in registry. Instead of "7.0" use your Delphi version.
3. Run Delphi.

D-Master

Post by D-Master » Sun 18 Jun 2006 09:59

I followed your steps , but I can't see any of my third party components...
is there more steps that I shall do..???

D-Master

Post by D-Master » Sun 18 Jun 2006 10:07

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for keeping you busy but I solved the problem....

in the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0\pallete

I had the (Sql Server Access.hidden) string value

so I deleted the (.hidden) part and I can see the components now....

But do you have any idea why i had the (.hidden)?????

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Tue 20 Jun 2006 06:14

This may be caused, for example, if in Palette Properties (Component -> Configure Palette) SDAC components were selected and Hide button was pushed.