Connection with SQL Server in android application

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Imaginate30

Connection with SQL Server in android application

Post by Imaginate30 » Sun 26 Jul 2020 11:58

Good morning. I am a programming student and am starting to do my programs for Android with rad studio 10.3. Forgive my ingnorance..
My question is as follows, I have made a very simple program that connects to a database on amazon RDS. I created a SQL Server-based instance. Connect with DEvart
SDAC.
I put a TMSConnection component and a TMSQuerycomponent, tell you the server, port and user and password and install it on mobile. And it runs correctly, I can see the data in the fields but always by wifi. When I try to run the app with mobile data the app cannot access. And it tells me Timeout with server.
The application has permission to access the internet. I beg you to see if anyone can direct me to where the problem is. Thank you very much.

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Connection with SQL Server in android application

Post by Stellar » Fri 31 Jul 2020 06:17

An Android app connects to the server via TCP. A TCP connection is managed by the Android operating system. SDAC doesn't have direct access to the network settings, therefore we're not able to affect the isssue. Please make sure that your mobile device has access to the server.