Azure connect with AAD not work

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
sqlpat

Azure connect with AAD not work

Post by sqlpat » Fri 05 Jun 2020 10:25

Hello

I wanna connect to a Azure SQL Database with Azure Active Directory Login. I will use a connectionstring like this:

Server=tcp:mysql.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=myDB;Persist Security Info=False;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Authentication="Active Directory Integrated"

Then i will bevome this error: "Login failed for user sa".

Is the SDAC Component not compatible with Azure Active Directory Authentication ?

many thanks for help.

Kindly Regards
Pat

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Azure connect with AAD not work

Post by Stellar » Thu 18 Jun 2020 14:55

We will consider a possibility of the specified functionality in one of the next SDAC version. If you want us to implement the feature, please post it at our user voice forum: https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/104 ... y_id=18939. If the suggestion gets a lot of votes, we will consider the possibility to implement it.

upscene

Post by upscene » Thu 25 Jun 2020 07:52

I second this, having full Active Directory support would be great.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... d-overview

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Fri 26 Jun 2020 13:50

We'll consider implementing a new authentication method (Active Directory – Universal with MFA support, Active Directory, Password Active Directory - Integrated) in future releases of SDAC.

DTR

Post by DTR » Tue 10 Nov 2020 18:14

Dear Devart Team,
We urgently need this functionality for an Azure Connect with AAD.
Could you please provide a more specific feedback. We would greatly appreciate an approximative timeline for when this functionality will be supported in SDAC.

Kind regards
Daniel

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Mon 18 Jan 2021 19:17

We'll consider the possibility of implementing the AAD authentication in a future release. We're not able to provide the release date for the feature at the moment.

cjmoore

Post by cjmoore » Tue 28 Jun 2022 11:03

Hi,

We've been asked today if our application support for Azure Connect with AAD. Did anything every come of this request, I can't see anything in the uservoice area or SDAC version history?

pavelpd
Devart Team

Post by pavelpd » Mon 04 Jul 2022 09:07

Hi,
Thanks for your request!

Please be informed, that the authentication methods (ADPassword, ADIntegrated, ADInteractive, ActiveDirectoryMSI, SqlPassword) will be added in the next version of the SDAC for the prMSOLEDB provider.

Regarding the Active Directory authentication method - Universal with MFA in SDAC is not supported yet.