Page 1 of 1
Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2019 06:42
I installed the trial version of SDAC for RAD Studio 10.1 last week. Things seemed to be working normally. I rewrote some database inserts we do to use the SDAC components. All seemed to be working well, but now freeing the objects instantiated in our code takes an extreme amount of time, namely approx. 440 seconds to free the TMSConnection, which owns the TMSSQL-object used for insert.
The code we run inserts approx. 90.000 records, each with 48 columns, in batches of 7500. Each batch is inserted in its own transaction.
Upon further trials in a small test-project I noticed an ETrialExpired-exception was thrown from SDAC. Supposedly this happens when checking if the trial has expired. How can this be only a week after installation.
Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2019 09:50
Trial period for SecureBridge may be reset if you changed system time.
What is the exact error message that you are receiving?
Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2019 10:30
As of this writing I am not receiving the error message any longer. To the best of my knowledge I have not changed the system time.
The problem with the hanging destructor persists though.
Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2019 10:38
In order to get a detailed answer, please compose a small sample demonstrating the specified behavior and send it to us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html
including scripts for creating and filling database objects.
Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2019 13:16
I am afraid that might very well be almost impossible. I have substituted the use of ADO-objects for SDAC-object. For whatever reason those object are instantiated at run-time deep within existing code, so shipping an example that replicates the problem AND mimics the environment in which the undesirable behavior occurs, will be very difficult.
Alternatively I can provide information on the conditions under which the inserts run, such as memory usage at time of instantiation etc.
Posted: Wed 14 Aug 2019 10:08
I have considered your proposal, and as it stands I won't be able to supply a working sample of our code, since it would essentially involve shipping our entire system to you, and that would violate company policy.
Posted: Thu 15 Aug 2019 13:42
Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue in our environment using your description of it. Our users haven't reported such an issue so far. It may have been caused by something other than SDAC code. Please compose and send us a sample project where we can reproduce the issue. As soon as we receive a sample from your, we'll investigate the issue: if it's caused by our product, we'll try to fix it ASAP.