Problem trying to deploy a test application using SDAC Trial version

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
SorenJensen

Problem trying to deploy a test application using SDAC Trial version

Post by SorenJensen » Mon 29 Jul 2019 16:34

Hi,

I'm using Delphi 10.3.1 Rio, creating a test application (with IntraWeb) as a service, and when trying to install the service, an error pops up telling me it can't find the files dac260.bpl and sdac260.bpl.

I'm deploing to a Windows Server 2016, running MS SQL 2017. The program is a simple test, using MSConnection and one MSTable.

I have been trying to follow the guides in the http://www.devart.com/sdac/docs/deployment.htm, copying the required files over. I have not compiled the test application with run-time packages. The files copied over are dac260.bpl, sdac260.bpl, rtl260.bpl, dbrtl260.bp and vcldb260.bpl.

1. Do I need other files and
2. Which directory are the files supposed to be in ?

Regards
Soren

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Problem trying to deploy a test application using SDAC Trial version

Post by Stellar » Tue 30 Jul 2019 10:12

If your application is built without run-time packages, you should deploy the following packages with your application: dac260.bpl, sdac260.bpl, rtl260.bpl, dbrtl260.bpl, vcldb260.bpl
You can put these packages in the directory where your executable is located or in the system directory on Windows ("C:\Windows\System32\" or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" depending on the bitness of your service).

Also you need to disable the message about trial version of the product for its normal operation. Open the root key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Devart\SDAC" and create a new DWORD key named 'ShowTrialMessage' with the value of 0.

SorenJensen

Post by SorenJensen » Tue 30 Jul 2019 14:31

Hej Stellar,

Thanks for your input. I'm afraid it did not resolve the issue. Problem persists. same message coming up.

Regards
Soren

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Thu 01 Aug 2019 14:29

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the issue. To investigate this behavior of SDAC, please compose a small sample demonstrating the issue and send it to us, including database objects creating scripts.
You can send the sample using the contact form at our site: devart.com/company/contactform.html