CheckRowVersion=True

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jigesh

CheckRowVersion=True

Post by jigesh » Fri 14 Apr 2006 19:37

Jigesh wrote:
I am using TMSTable and have set CheckRowVersion=True in the table.option

When I edit the same record from two different computers, I am not getting any post error message as that the record is already modified. Maybe I missed some settings on the table. Can you please direct me as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Mon 17 Apr 2006 08:45

Please check if your table has TIMESTAMP field.
Check value of TCustomDADataSet.Options.StrictUpdate property. It must be True.

jigesh

Post by jigesh » Tue 18 Apr 2006 16:52

Jigesh wrote:
I have set the value of TCustomDADataSet.Options.StrictUpdate property to true. But still it does not work. I was able to achive my goal by changing the cursortype to ctDynamic. But but setting to ctDynamic, it only works when I connect to SQL7, if I try to connect to SQL2000 it get an EDAError saying the cursor type changed for statement. I need to make my application to work with SQL2000.

SQL2000 is going to be my backend server.

Thanks in advance

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Wed 19 Apr 2006 12:22

We couldn't reproduce the problem.
Please send us a complete small test project to reproduce the problem; it is desirable to use Northwind or Master schema objects, otherwise include definition of your own database objects; don't use third party components

Also supply us following information
- Exact version of Delphi or C++ Builder
- Exact version of SDAC. You can see it in About sheet of TMSConnection Editor
- Exact version of Microsoft SQL Server and OLE DB provider that you use. You can see it in Info sheet of TMSConnection Editor